Spagalimis Limited and its franchisees as defined in the terms and conditions, complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) when
dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual
(a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further
information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply
from the date that we upload the revised policy.
WHO DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM
We collect personal information about you from:
- You, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any
related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us
(e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products.
- Third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use your personal information:
- To provide services and products to you
- To market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text
or email for this purpose)
- To improve the services and products that we provide to you
- To undertake credit checks of you (if necessary)
- To bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit
- To respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- To conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or
maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other
services and products
- A credit reference agency for the purpose of credit checking you
- Other third parties (for anonymised statistical information)
- A person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- Any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- Any other person authorised by you.
A business that supports our services and products may be located outside New Zealand. This may
mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity,
or other misuse. Payments are processed through the secure DPS Payment Express system. Any credit card details stored for payments are done so on the DPS system. No credit card information is stored by us and Payment Express protects personal information – at a minimum – to the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (“PCI-DSS”).
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily
retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information.
Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom
the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably
able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the
correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, contact us via our contact page. Your message
should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal
information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or
correcting that information.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with
personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
provide personal information.
can recognise your browser) to monitor your use of the website. You may disable cookies by
changing the settings on your browser, although this may mean that you cannot use all of the features
of the website.